- 1 roll store-bought polenta 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon chopped
- 2 cups shredded Manchego cheese divided use
- 1/3 cup Raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Slice polenta into 12 equal rounds.
- Heat a large (10 or 12 inch) non-stick skillet over medium.
- Grill polenta rounds for 4 minutes on each side.
- Lay rounds, keeping as close together as possible, across bottom of pan.
- Add butter and onions to skillet and cook over medium for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook with onions, breaking chicken up into very small chunks, for 4 minutes or until chicken is just-opaque.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese evenly over polenta rounds; Spoon chicken mixture evenly over cheese.
- Drizzle raspberry chipotle sauce over cheese, then top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle pecans over top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly; sprinkle top with cilantro.
- Serve on small plates, tapas style.