- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 slice thinFrench bread about 4x3x1/4 inches
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 7- ounce jar roasted red peppers drained
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 tablespoon Sherry Reserva wine vinegar or Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 cooked shrimp peeled, deveined
- Stir almonds in heavy small skillet over medium heat until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer almonds to processor.
- Place bread in same skillet and cook until lightly toasted, about 1
- minute per side.
- Tear bread into pieces and add to processor.
- With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube and process until almonds and garlic are finely chopped.
- Add red peppers, oil, vinegar and cayenne pepper and process until mixture is consistency of thick mayonnaise, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Arrange cooked shrimp on plates. Spoon romesco sauce over and serve.