- 3 cloves mediumgarlic peeled
- 1/4 cup from Olives & Grapes Hot Harissa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or any whole wheat pasta 1/2 pound
- 1 small bunch kale well-washed and deveined
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives pitted
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- zest of 1 lemon
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil.
- In the meantime, place the cloves of garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle then with a big pinch of salt.
- Crush with the flat side of a knife.
- Now crush and chop,
- crush and chop until you have a garlic paste. Alternately, you can use a mortar and pestle.
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic paste and harissa olive oil. Set aside.
- Generously salt the boiling water, add the pasta, and cook per package instructions.
- Just before the pasta is done add the kale to the pasta water, count to six, drain and set aside.
- Heat half of the harissa dressing in the now empty pasta pot.
- Add the pasta and kale, black olives, pine nuts, and lemon zest.
- Stir over the heat for a minute or so, then turn everything out onto a platter and drizzle with the remaining harissa olive oil.
- Serves about 4 - 6.