- 3 very large ripe tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup 100% pure Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1/4 cup Sherry Reserva wine vinegar or Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Fresh parsley optional
- Arrange tomatoes in single layer in shallow dish.
- Combine oil and next 8 ingredients in medium bowl, stirring to blend well.
- Spoon dressing over tomatoes.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours.
- Divide tomato slices among 4 plates.
- Spoon dressing over.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.