- 16 large shrimp uncooked
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon White Truffle oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat barbecue grill (oil hot grill to help prevent sticking).
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tails on.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly shrimp by cutting along the inner curve or underbelly about halfway (almost completely through), leaving the tails firmly attached.
- Press the shrimp down flat like a butterfly.
- Place prepared shrimp in a shallow dish and sprinkle with olive oil; refrigerate, covered, until ready to cook.
- In a medium bowl, combine white truffle oil, lemon juice, onion, and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- When ready to cook, season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp onto hot grill and cook approximately 2 minutes on one side; turn and cook another 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test).
- Remove from grill.
- To serve, arrange shrimp (split sides up) on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with a little of the vinaigrette.
- Place remaining vinaigrette in a small bowl and place on plate for dipping.