- 1/3 cup Fig balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Garlic-flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 inch to 3 chicken breasts pounded to 1/2thickness
- 6-8 cups of spring mix rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 lb of Feta or aged goat cheese crumbled
- sliced cucumber
- 1 Mandarin orange or tangerine peeled and separated into sections
- Fig Garlic Chicken
- 1/4 cup Fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup 100% pure Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar, garlic oil, oregano and black pepper in a bowl.
- Brush the mixture onto the chicken breasts to cover completely.
- Reserve any left over oil/vinegar mixture.
- Let chicken sit covered in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour up to 4 hours.
- Heat up gas/charcoal grill or a grill pan, and cook the chicken breasts till just done. Turn the chicken twice to each side creating a cross hatch pattern
- if desired. Use any leftover mixture to baste
- Remove from grill when done, let cool, then cut into bite sized strips. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
- Prepare the salad greens, cheese, nuts and orange by arranging on plates.
- Top with strips of grilled chicken. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- To make the vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk the vinegar, black pepper and dried mustard together in a small bowl.
- Add the extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream while continuing to whisk until it is emulsified.
- Pour over the prepared salad and serve immediately.