Easy Blood Orange Belgian Style Waffles
· 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
· ¼ cup sugar
· 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 ½ cups cold milk
· ¼ cup From Olives and Grapes Whole Fruit Blood Orange Fusion olive oil
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used ½ tsp vanilla, ½ tsp orange extract)
· 2 eggs, beaten
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Create a well in the center.
2. Into the well of the dry ingredients, pour the remaining ingredients. Whisk to incorporate and create a batter. If it seems too thick, add a splash of milk.
3. Preheat Belgian waffle maker. Brush lightly with butter or more Blood Orange olive oil. Pour batter into the waffle maker, close and cook according to instructions.
4. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve waffles warm with berries, whipped cream, powdered sugar, maple syrup and/or butter.