- 2 in lbs. Pizza Dough (freshly made Boboli, or store boughtrolls)
- cup ½roasted garlic paste
- ¼ from Olives & Grapes… Basil flavored olive oil
- cup ¼Pesto Genovese
- Course cornmeal for the baking sheet
- 4-5 inch large vine-ripened tomatoes, of any color or variety, sliced 1/8thick
- Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place baking sheet in oven to preheat.
- Shape 1/3 of pizza dough into a 10 inch circle on a lightly floured board.
- Spread with 1/3 of the garlic paste. Be sure to spread to within a half-inch of the edge.
- Drizzle with 1/3 of the basil Olive Oil then sprinkle 1/3 of the pesto on dough and spread out smoothly on top of garlic paste.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Transfer pizza to baking sheet and put in oven.
- Bake until light brown and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and quickly arrange sliced tomatoes on top.
- Do not overlap slices.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of parmesan cheese and return pizza to oven another 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Immediately transfer to a board, cut and serve.
- Repeat for two remaining pizzas.
- Makes three 10 inch pizzas; or serves 6 as a supper with a salad.