- 3 tablespoons 100% pure Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1/2 bunch asparagus cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 large onion halved and sliced
- 1/4 pound wild or cultivated mushrooms cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Begin cooking the pasta about 5 minutes before the sauce is ready.
- Preheat a large saute pan. Add the olive oil and then the asparagus. Cook approximately 1 minute.
- Add the onion and the mushrooms and cook an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with the wine and reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped tomatoes.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the sauce.
- Add the parsley and toss lightly. Check seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Divide the pasta among serving bowls, top with the Parmesan and drizzle with truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil.