- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoon From Olives & Grapes Lebanese 7 Spice, available at our Cocoa Village and Downtown Melbourne stores
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup 50/50 blend of From Olives & Grapes Whole Fruit Blood Orange Whole Fruit Fusion olive oil / From Olives & Grapes All-natural Butter Flavored Olive Oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 2 tablespoonss Lebanese 7 Spice; set aside.
2) In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup sugar. Combine egg, milk, and oil; add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened
3) Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half the reserved Spice/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and Spice/sugar mixture. Draw a knife through batter to marble.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing.